Surgery and Recovery
During this process, you will receive a local anesthetic to numb the areas where the teeth will be removed. You may also receive a general anesthetic that will keep you from feeling pain during the procedure and allow you to sleep while the surgery is performed.
During the surgery, we will perform the following:
- Make an incision in the gum tissue
- Remove bone that may be covering the tooth
- Place stitches if necessary
After the surgery, there are several things you can do to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible, including:
- Change your gauze pads regularly and inform your Woburn oral surgeon if you’re still bleeding after 24 hours
- Keep your head propped up to minimize bleeding
- Ice the outside of your cheek to minimize swelling
- Stay relaxed and don’t tax your body for a few days after surgery
- Eat soft foods
- Do not drink through a straw for a few days as this may slow the healing process if your blood clots get removed
- Following our instructions for cleaning your mouth and taking pain medications
At Divine Smiles, all of your pre-op visits, wisdom teeth surgery, and post-op appointments can be done under one roof. If you believe you may need your wisdom teeth removed, please contact us today by calling (781) 396-8558.