After serving in the Army for eight years, Dr. Ryan Clancy, DMD, MAGD, FPFA, LVIF returned home where he decided he would bring exceptional dental care to the Woburn and Winchester. Since he’s planted his roots, he’s dedicated his dental career to helping patients achieve healthy and beautiful smiles.
Dr. Clancy’s time in the Army was spent bringing frontline care to United States soldiers, coalition forces, government contractors, and local Iraqi citizens as a member of a mobile surgical dental team. He is grateful for the opportunity he had to do his part for the United States.
Education and Dental Certifications
Dr. Ryan Clancy’s academic and professional background includes:
- BS in Biology from Saint Michael’s College
- DMD from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- United States Army Captain
- Advanced General Dentistry Residency, Tripler Army Medical Center
- Fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry
- Mastership from the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellowship from the Las Vegas Institute of Global Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry
- Invisalign Premier Provider
- Fellowship from the Pierre Fauchard Academy
Dr. Clancy is heavily invested in continuing education in order to provide his patients with the latest, safest, most effective, and most advanced dental technologies and techniques. He understands the importance of having a thorough understanding of the best ways to treat a wide variety of dental concerns and issues, which is why he chose to obtain the highest level of dental education possible.
A dentist who has a MAGD (Master, Academy of General Dentistry) designation has completed 1100 hours of continuing education, including hands-on courses, spanning fields from orthodontics to dental implants. This is the highest award that the Academy of General Dentistry gives, and fewer than 2% of general dentists achieve it.
In addition to MAGD, Dr. Clancy is also an LVI Fellow. The LVI program focuses specifically on cosmetic dentistry procedures such as porcelain veneers, as well as neuromuscular dentistry with comprehensive focus on diagnosis and treatment of TMJ using the most advanced technology available.
Affiliations and Awards
Dr. Ryan Clancy is dedicated to professional improvement and service in the field of dentistry. He is affiliated with, and has received awards from some of, the following organizations:
- International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society (Past Chairman, New Dentist Committee)
- Yankee Dental Congress Core Committee
- East Middlesex District Dental Society
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Horace Wells Award
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Alumni Association
- Medford Chamber of Commerce
- Operation Iraqi Freedom-1 (2003-2004)
- Massachusetts Dental Society Top 10 Under 10
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Dental Society PAC
Home Life and Community Connection
Dr. Clancy knew that he wanted to practice dentistry from the time he was in middle school. He completed his dental residency while enlisted in the Army where he spent some time abroad in northern and western Iraq. However, he always knew he wanted to return to Woburn and Winchester to practice dentistry.
Dr. Clancy takes great pride in transforming lives by reducing pain, improving smiles, oral health, and of course, the self-esteem of his patients. He feels privileged to be able to help people in his community achieve beautiful, healthy smiles.
Dr. Clancy has four children with his wife Jessica, two girls and two boys. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, golfing, traveling, and following Massachusetts sports teams.
Schedule Your Appointment with Dr. Ryan Clancy
No matter whether you are interested in cosmetic improvements or simply need a regular dentist for checkups and cleanings, Dr. Clancy will treat you with compassion and respect and help you to achieve great oral health and a great smile. He will honestly recommend treatments that he believes will improve your smile during your cosmetic appointment.
Call Dr. Clancy today at (781) 396-8558 to schedule your appointment today. We serve patients in Woburn and Winchester.