If you are anxious or nervous at the thought of going to the dentist, you’re not alone. Up to 20% of adults suffer from dental anxiety or full-fledged dental phobia that prevents them from visiting the dentist as often as they should, if at all.
Boston dentist Dr. Ryan Clancy understands that dental anxiety is a real and valid concern for many people. This is why he is so invested in helping each of his patients have the most comfortable experience possible. He offers the revolutionary NuCalm system to help patients relax during their treatment, and he also offers the latest in dental technology and pain-free techniques.
If you are in need of dental work but are worried about having an uncomfortable or painful dental experience, call Dr. Clancy today at (781) 396-8558 and let him and his team show you just how comfortable and painless a dental visit can be.
The NuCalm system was originally developed to help treat PTSD and addictions, then was expanded into different industries when the relaxation benefits were discovered to have wide applicability. Its patented technology draws on findings from neuroscience, biochemistry, and meditation to create a system that is clinically proven to aid in deep relaxation naturally, without the use of potentially habit-forming drugs.
NuCalm has 4 steps to total relaxation:
- Use of either a topical cream or chewable supplement that helps to suppress adrenaline
- Microcurrent stimulation designed to halt the body’s stress response
- Deeply relaxing music or nature sounds created specifically to help oscillate brainwaves between the alpha and theta zones, which are the relaxing zones right before falling asleep
- An eye mask to block out light and other visual stimulus and help you dive into relaxation
Using the NuCalm system and painless anesthetic, your dental experience can be as easy and calm as a day at the spa. Dr. Clancy will also work with you to create a signal you can use if you ever get too uncomfortable. We are dedicated to making your dental experience something you won’t dread, so that you don’t skip appointments and watch your dental health decline.
Dr. Clancy keeps his office outfitted with the latest in dental technology, and is committed to continuing education to learn the latest techniques for painless, comfortable treatment. He offers such cutting-edge technologies as:
- CEREC same-day crowns
- Digital imaging and impressions to save you from having uncomfortable materials in your mouth
- Soft tissue laser instead of traditional scalpel, resulting in less bleeding and easier recovery after procedures such as gum contouring or gum disease treatment
No matter how high-tech the equipment, though, it won’t matter if your dentist is too rough or doesn’t listen when he’s working on your teeth. Dr. Clancy prides himself on his gentle, painless touch and ability to truly listen to his patients. He won’t dismiss your dental fears, and he won’t lie to you about how much discomfort you can expect to experience from a procedure.
If you’re worried about having a rough time at the dentist, we don’t blame you. We just ask that you give us a chance to help you experience what a true comfortable and painless trip to the dentist is like. Call us at (781) 396-8558 to schedule your consultation today.
We serve patients in the greater Boston area, including Woburn and Winchester.